1. Notice: I had to turn off email alerts for everyone. Anyone who wants email notification can re-enable the email alerts in their profile at outlookforums.com/account/preferences (and Alert Preferences). Also verify your email address is correct under Contact Details.

RE: All services disabled Exchange 2007

Discussion in 'Exchange Server Questions' started by Guido, Jun 20, 2009.

  1. Guido

    Guido

    Guest
    We had a similar issuea few ights ago - most MS Exchange services were

    changed to disabled in the middle of the night - but we do NOT automatically

    update and suspect unauthorized access/sabotage. Oddly, the logs do not show

    these services to have been changed that we can find. The only extenuating

    circumstance is that the server's hard drive filled up leaving 47MB free for

    a few hours. Does anyone have a clue what could cause these services to

    become disabled without human intervention?

    "Ashpoint" wrote:


    > We had a strange happening last night on our small Exchange 2007 server.

    > All Exchange services were switched to Disabled and not started.

    > Additionally the services that controlled OWA were also similarly disabled
    > and stopped.

    > We had to manuallyy reset the services ot Automatic and restart the services.

    > Can anybody advise what trojan, virus, MSFT update, other activity that
    > could have caused this to happen?

    > Background: The server is running Windows 2003 standard 64 bit and Exchange
    > Server 2007. We only have five users and four mailboxes. The server has
    > been reliable to date and but since we have restarted the services, remote
    > access via VNC and Terminal Services is quite slow. Apart from this - it
    > seems normal.
    >
  2. Ashpoint

    Ashpoint

    Guest
    I don't think I can assist. Our original issue was certainly caused by a

    faulty Rollup from Microsoft. Rolling back (and doing some other things

    recommended by the blog) fixed the system.

    Since then, we've disabled automatic updates but download the files. Then,

    we wait a few weeks before installing the updates.

    "Guido" wrote:


    > We had a similar issuea few ights ago - most MS Exchange services were
    > changed to disabled in the middle of the night - but we do NOT automatically
    > update and suspect unauthorized access/sabotage. Oddly, the logs do not show
    > these services to have been changed that we can find. The only extenuating
    > circumstance is that the server's hard drive filled up leaving 47MB free for
    > a few hours. Does anyone have a clue what could cause these services to
    > become disabled without human intervention?

    > "Ashpoint" wrote:
    >
    > > We had a strange happening last night on our small Exchange 2007 server.
    > > All Exchange services were switched to Disabled and not started.
    > > Additionally the services that controlled OWA were also similarly disabled
    > > and stopped.
    > > We had to manuallyy reset the services ot Automatic and restart the services.
    > > Can anybody advise what trojan, virus, MSFT update, other activity that
    > > could have caused this to happen?
    > > Background: The server is running Windows 2003 standard 64 bit and Exchange
    > > Server 2007. We only have five users and four mailboxes. The server has
    > > been reliable to date and but since we have restarted the services, remote
    > > access via VNC and Terminal Services is quite slow. Apart from this - it
    > > seems normal.
    > >
  3. Ashpoint

    Ashpoint

    Guest
    Forgot to also mention that the blog can be found at:

    http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2008/09/11/449787.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage

    Also, we have changed to Server 2008 and Exchnage 2007

    "Guido" wrote:


    > We had a similar issuea few ights ago - most MS Exchange services were
    > changed to disabled in the middle of the night - but we do NOT automatically
    > update and suspect unauthorized access/sabotage. Oddly, the logs do not show
    > these services to have been changed that we can find. The only extenuating
    > circumstance is that the server's hard drive filled up leaving 47MB free for
    > a few hours. Does anyone have a clue what could cause these services to
    > become disabled without human intervention?

    > "Ashpoint" wrote:
    >
    > > We had a strange happening last night on our small Exchange 2007 server.
    > > All Exchange services were switched to Disabled and not started.
    > > Additionally the services that controlled OWA were also similarly disabled
    > > and stopped.
    > > We had to manuallyy reset the services ot Automatic and restart the services.
    > > Can anybody advise what trojan, virus, MSFT update, other activity that
    > > could have caused this to happen?
    > > Background: The server is running Windows 2003 standard 64 bit and Exchange
    > > Server 2007. We only have five users and four mailboxes. The server has
    > > been reliable to date and but since we have restarted the services, remote
    > > access via VNC and Terminal Services is quite slow. Apart from this - it
    > > seems normal.
    > >
Similar Threads
Forum Title Date
Exchange Server Questions Problem with exchange 2010 roleup 3 disabled Exchange services May 6, 2010
Exchange Server Questions active/passive broadband connections to maintain various IT services Jun 29, 2011
Using Outlook MobileMe Services Has Stopped Working Apr 20, 2011
Exchange Server Questions Federation Gateway Services & 2010 RTM Dec 22, 2010
Exchange Server Questions Test-webservices failure Dec 14, 2010

Share This Page

Web accelerated via IISpeed by We-AMP