1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Business Projects question

Sending email via public WIFI

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by Shawn, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Shawn

Shawn

Hi

Is there any possible way to configure Outlook 2003 to send email from a public WIFI hotspot without knowing the smtp information. I am traveling for work and can receive email but cannot send from anywhere; cafes, hotels etc.

I know this is a common question but I have looked all over the web for an answer to this hoping it can be done but have not found a solution yet. Thanks for any help.

-S.

2. discgolferjw

discgolferjw

Shawn, not directly, that you can do now... Call your IT staff, adn find out

what the OWA (Outlook Web Access) URL is for your company.... Usually it's

somethign like "https://mail.companyname.com/exchange"

"Shawn" wrote:

> Hi
    > Is there any possible way to configure Outlook 2003 to send email from a public WIFI hotspot without knowing the smtp information. I am traveling for work and can receive email but cannot send from anywhere; cafes, hotels etc.

> I know this is a common question but I have looked all over the web for an answer to this hoping it can be done but have not found a solution yet. Thanks for any help.

> -S.
    >

>

3. Brian Tillman

Brian Tillman

"Shawn" <screighto[at]gmail[dot]com> wrote in message

news:%23QEcW8gFKHA.1380@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

> Is there any possible way to configure Outlook 2003 to send email from a
    > public WIFI hotspot without knowing the smtp information. I am traveling for
    > work and can receive email but cannot send from anywhere; cafes, hotels etc.

You MUST know an SMTP server to use no matter where your are. That's how mail

is sent. Why can't you use the one given you by your mail provider? As long

as you properly authenticate to it, you should be able to use it from any

network.

--