1. Notice: I had to turn off email alerts for everyone. Anyone who wants email notification can re-enable the email alerts in their profile at outlookforums.com/account/preferences (and Alert Preferences). Also verify your email address is correct under Contact Details.

Outlook 2010 Error Code: 0x80041059

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by Kuewa, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Kuewa

Kuewa

When trying to set up and email account in Outlook 2010, when it searches for the email account's server setting, I get error message 0x80041059 and the operation fails.
  2. Kuewa

Kuewa

OK, I just removed Outlook Connector and reloaded it and the error went away.
  3. Natasha Dsouza

Natasha Dsouza

Glad that fixed the issue. Thanks for letting us know the solution as it may be helpful to someone facing the same issue.

Have a great day and thank you for visiting the Answers Community.
  4. Towny1

Towny1

I tried that and it wouldn't work.
  5. Natasha Dsouza

Natasha Dsouza

Which is the version of Outlook on the machine?

Are you getting the same error message as mentioned by 'Kuewa' ?
  6. Marjab

Marjab

Hello Natasha

I get the same error message. My Outlook version is 2010 on a Windows 7 Ultimate machine. I have tried to remove the live account and put it back, but the problem stays. I do receive mail on my account.
  7. Chris Premo

Chris Premo

I'm getting the same error for two accounts:

error (0x80041059): " Could not authenticate against the Windows Live ID service. Please try again"

I have Outlook 2010 on a Windows 7 Ultimate PC. I'll try uninstalling the connector and reinstalling it.
  8. LilTank

LilTank

I'm getting the same error for two accounts:

error (0x80041059): " Could not authenticate against the Windows Live ID service. Please try again"

I have Outlook 2010 on a Windows 7 Ultimate PC. I'll try uninstalling the connector and reinstalling it.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Outlook 2010, Office Ultimate with Outlook 2010, 64 but Outlook Connector.

Get this error EVERY TIME, I just keep clicking on Send/Recieve until no errors are repoted.

I'm a bit skeptial about uninstalling the connector, I have 3 MAPI accounts and 5 Pop accounts, Rules galore, and an address book I dont want to lose.

Per usual, the latest iteration of Outlook is dog pooh. Outlook 2007 has zero issues with the POP3 setting for hotmail. I NEVER Get an error on the POP3 accounts so my guess is it has to do with MAPI. Too bad we can't setup Hotmail and MSN the same way we did in 2007. There wasn't even an account import tool. Total garbage but I'm stuck with it. As it appears that the few of us here are the only ones in the world with this issue.

I'll just keep clicking send/recieve until the problem is fixed by some random patch.

Unless someone out there has a fix!!
  9. Amoraluv4ever

Amoraluv4ever

I have the same issue too.

Tried everything and have concluded that outlook connector is buggy cause I had this problem ever since they updated it but it went away when I was testing the beta but when I got the full version the bug was back
  10. conca666

conca666

i run xp & office 2010 & keep getting same error please help. have removed outlook connector still got same prob
  11. stansley_MS

stansley_MS

Same error here. Re-installing the Outlook Connector did not fix. Seems to be that the Outlook Connector doesn't like the new HTTPS option being enabled in Hotmail. The error message in the sync error essentially explains this, but there doesn't seem to be a user interface option in the Connector to turn on HTTPS there.

" Error: 3202. Server. HTTPS is turned on for the web but not for this program."

Turning off HTTPS on the Hotmail side is a workaround, but I actually want to have HTTPS on of course...

The full error message in the sync error seems misleading (out of date?):

" This account does not have permission to synchronize your mail. To sign up to gain permission to synchronize with this account, please go tohttp://ideas.live.com and join the notification list for this Windows Live Hotmail product. You will be notified when your account is enabled."

Looking on the Hotmail side, the problem is actually mentioned, but it's a bit subtle and you might have missed it (I did):

Ref: https://account.live.com/ManageSSL

Important note: Turning on HTTPS will work for Hotmail over the web, but it will cause errors if you try to access Hotmail through programs like:

· Outlook Hotmail Connector

· Windows Live Mail

· The Windows Live application for Windows Mobile and Nokia
  12. Zbyna

Zbyna

Hello, have the same issue,

reinstall of OUtlook connector or even whole Outlook 2010 didn't help. I have disabled HTTPS all the time, that is not my issue.

Only what help is to start Outlook in safe-mode and then everything works. When I close Outlook in safe mode and start normally it throws this error 0x80041059.

I didn't found any difference in plugins between normal and safe mode, but unfortunately I didn't found any other visible difference. Aby ideas.
  13. LilTank

LilTank

Hello, have the same issue,

reinstall of OUtlook connector or even whole Outlook 2010 didn't help. I have disabled HTTPS all the time, that is not my issue.

Only what help is to start Outlook in safe-mode and then everything works. When I close Outlook in safe mode and start normally it throws this error 0x80041059.

I didn't found any difference in plugins between normal and safe mode, but unfortunately I didn't found any other visible difference. Aby ideas.

This has been a long road for me, with no answer in sight. I now have this same problem on 4 different systems. The TWO things in common are Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate and Office 2010 Ultimate. Sony Vaio, Lenovo Thinkpad W510, IBM Intellistation ZPro, and an Apple Mac PRO with dual quad processors using Bootcamp. Sans the MAC abd ZPro all are boxed Reatail copies of OFFICE and Windows. The MAC and ZPRO are using boxed Retail Office and MS OEM Windows 7.

Me thinks there be a bug in there somewhere!!

The last great version of Office was 2003. 2007 lacked export tools, and 2010 is just a nightmare. OpenOffice is looking better all the time.

Happy Holidays.
  14. Dale DU-IT

Dale DU-IT

I've been fighting this for a long while. Win7 Ult x64 w/ Office 2010 x64 and x64 Outlook Connector. My workaround has been to use Windows Live Mail but then that is not any where near as convenient as to have all mail in one window. I too saw this break at the introduction of the latest Live 2011 offering. Hoping to see an answer here and what is checked isn't sufficient and IMO should be unchecked.