1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Last Connection

What is difference between "Sent Items" folder and "Sent Messages" folder?

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by MROON, Jun 23, 2010.

1. MROON

MROON

My boss called me in to look at his outlook yesterday. (We recently changed IT companies everything is different). In his outlook, he now has two folders for sent mail. One is called " Sent Messages" and the other is called " Sent Items" . Everything in one is not in the other. Can someone explain the difference to me please? He wants everything in " Sent Items" . My outlook hasn't been reconnected since the new IT company took over so I can't look at my own outlook to figure it out. Outlook 2003.

Thanks in advance for the help.
  2. Ezil Vinoth

Ezil Vinoth

What type of email account is used in Outlook? (POP or IMAP or Exchange)

Sent Items folder is the default store location for all outgoing items in Outlook. Sent Messages folder will never appear in Outlook by default until it"s created manually or if it"s available in the mail server depending upon the account type.

If a POP account is used in Outlook then you may move all items from Sent messages folder to the Sent Items folder and then delete the Sent messages folder. Ensure no rule is created in Outlook to move emails to the Sent messages folder. Right-click on the Sent messages folder and select delete to remove it, delete option for Sent Items folder will not be available since it"s a default folder.