1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Multiple unexplainable issues

Detailed address cards in Outlook 2010

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by bogerard, Jun 25, 2010.

1. bogerard

bogerard

When I upgraded to Office 2010, it continued to show my contacts in the " detailed address card" view. I accidentally changed the view on one of the folders and now cannot get my " detailed address card" view back.

Can anyone help?

2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

3. bogerard

bogerard

" Detailed address card" is not an option in the " Change Views" tab of Outlook 2010

4. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

If Card view doesn't have all the details you need, you'll need to make custom view with the fields. Change view, Manage view, New, Card view - all contacts folders. Add the fields you need in the view.

5. bogerard

bogerard

That will do it! Thanks, Diane.

6. Ready1

Ready1

Diane,

So close. 2003 had the Address Card which had information in the card if there was information there. 2010 puts the (for the lack of a better explanation) line title. Such as Mobile: (123) 456-7890 <next Line> Email: Bob@White.net. How do I get rid of the Mobile: and Email: ?

Thanks.

7. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

AFAIK, you can't. FWIW, the Outlook 2003 view includes the field names for field other than the address. To replicate this in 2010, create a new card view with the defaults. The mailing address will be shown without the field names, the other fields will have the field names.

8. embee01

embee01

It is the fields that makes the 'Detailed Address Cards" view clearly better than the Business Card View. It is the color scheme (blue versus light grey). and clear bar separator. PLEASE bring back the old view..

I am continually baffled that Microsoft insists on changing too many things at one go. why not try to offer incremental changes to make it easier on people. every upgrade is becoming more painful. And why does microsoft feel the need to dummy everything down into bubbles and cartoons. I feel like my IQ drops with every upgrade. Its a shame when people who embrace technology continually say to people..' i like the way it was'. is that not a hint?

(I guess if they figured that out than hotmail would be bettered integrated into outlook...and there would be little need gmail). The no Detailed Address cards might the final straw that sends me back to 2007.