1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Modify account template?

The drive that contains your data file is out of disk space. . .

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by Carla M H, May 4, 2010.

1. Carla M H

Carla M H

I started getting this message yesterday: " The drive that contains your data file is out of disk space. Empty the Deleted Items folder or create space on the drive by removing some of your files. Access is denied. Verify the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not being used" . Since then I can't receive any emails, when I try to delete messages, this message pops up. My disk is not full, and as far as I know, not write-protected. What do I do??
  2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

3. Carla M H

Carla M H

Ok I guess I'm at my limit. Can I delete the pst and start a new one?
  4. Niranjan I K

Niranjan I K

No you do not have to delete the old one. Deleting the old data file would result in deleting all you old emails.

Instead, create a new data file and set that as default to send/receive emails.

Refer the link below on how to create a new data file.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/hp012319871033.aspx
  5. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Ok I guess I'm at my limit. Can I delete the pst and start a new one?

Well, you could if you wanted to, but its not necessary and you'll lose your calendar and contacts. :) If you can still open the pst, use Shift+Delete to delete some mail. You can use the steps at Repair a 2gb Personal Folders file or Offline Folders to try to fix it.

But - because you use Outlook 2007, you should make a new pst file that uses the new Unicode file type. (Then move the old mail into it - see Convert an old PST to a Unicode PST).

1. Close Outlook, go to Control panel and search for Mail.

2. Go to Data files and add a new data file, then set it as default

3. Set the account on the Email tab to use the new pst as the delivery location.

Outlook Daily Tips | Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center

Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook weekly newsletter