Your IMAP server closed the connection.

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by mattwill, May 6, 2010.

1. mattwill

mattwill

I have multiple email accounts, and get teh following message on one. I have deleted entire account and recreated it, to no avail. I removed check box next to " send/receive after xxx minutes" and now it is intermitent. Any advice

error message

Your IMAP server closed the connection. This can occur if you leave the connection idle for too long.

IMAP4rev1 Server logging out

Protocol: IMAP

Server: imap.aol.com

Port: 143

Error Code: 0x800CCCDD
  2. Sachin  Shetty

Sachin Shetty

3. Guruprasad Ra

Guruprasad Ra

Log on to web mail and check if you are able to send and receive emails

If you are unable to send and receive emails then this might be an account issue and you may have to contact the service provider
  4. SisuTrader

SisuTrader

I've been having this same problem for months now. I've tried dozens of fixes, some very time intensive, some easy; nothing seems to work. I've created new user profiles, changes security settings, servers, automatic send receive settings, deleted all folders from the AOL Mail web site, changed the time out setting, closing mail connections on other machines, changed internet service providers, reburned my machine. Come on, what is the answer? This is driving me nuts; every 5 to 10 emails I get this IMAP4rev1 Server logging out error. Please help!!
  5. SisuTrader

SisuTrader

After changing internet service providers, trying different computers, trying all kinds of different settings in Outlook, the problem was my T-Mobile router made by Linkysys; the WRTU54G-TM. I replaced the T-Mobile problem hardware with my old Linksys BEFSR41 and all returned to normal. To continue using my T-Mobile @home service, I connected the WRTU54G-TM to one of the ethernet ports on the BEFSR41.