1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Attachment Save for Exchange

Error: Cannot Open your default e-mail folders. You do not have permission to log on.

Discussion in 'Exchange Server Questions' started by Shambhu Sharma, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Shambhu Sharma

Shambhu Sharma

Error: Cannot Open your default e-mail folders. You do not have permission to log on.

Screen Shot: http://cid-31ba948d0da4d57e.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Outlook Error.png

Scenario: Hi, I have below configuration of exchange 2010 server Setup:

1. Windows Domain Controller with Global Catalog on Windows Server 2008 which only for Windows 2008 Server Native.

Server Name: WDC2010

Domain: Blazex.Com

2. Hub/Client Access Server: It is installed on Windows Server 2008. As per Microsoft recommendation, I have just installed Windows Server 2008 and then join this computer to Blazex.com.

After that installed the Hub/Client Access Exchange role servers.

Server Name: HC2010.blazex.com (This is not a Addition Member server or ADC)

Role: Hub and Client Access Server.

3. Mailbox Server: It is installed on Windows Server 2008. As per Microsoft recommendation, I have just installed Windows Server 2008 and then join this computer to Blazex.com.

After that installed the Mailbox Exchange role servers.

Server Name: MBX2010.blazex.com (This is not a Addition Member server or ADC)

Role: Mailbox Server.

4. 2nd Mailbox Server: It is installed on Windows Server 2008. As per Microsoft recommendation, I have just installed Windows Server 2008 and then join this computer to Blazex.com.

After that installed the Mailbox Exchange role servers.

Server Name: 2MBX2010.blazex.com (This is not a Addition Member server or ADC)

Role: Mailbox Server.

5. Client Windows 7: It is installed on Windows 7 Ultimate Workstation. As per Microsoft recommendation, I have just installed Windows 7 and then join this computer to Blazex.com.

Workstation Name: WIN7.blazex.com

Role: Workstation

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Error Description: I have installed everything correctly but when I tried to open the MS Outlook on Client Workstation (Win7) then I get the below error. Even though, If I open the mailbox of Administrator or Other users. Same error I am getting.

Cannot Open your default e-mail folders. You do not have permission to log on.

http://cid-31ba948d0da4d57e.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Outlook Error.png

I don't know what I am missing but I think there is some configuration I need to do on Hub/Client Access Server (HC2010).

Here lot of person also asked the same question but I didn't see the answers.

But one think noticed on Hub/Client server, there are firewall enabled on this server which is by default as other server. When I tried to ping this server through mailbox server or Domain Controller I am not able to ping this server. But I am able to ping all other servers and client to each other. I disabled the firewall and tried to access the mailbox but I couldn't help. Firewall should be not a problem as other servers have enable this option and it should be enabled by default. This was just my suspicion.

I am trying to get the log error but there are not any error found on the Hub/Client server, work staion or Mailbox server.

Right now I am stuck here and don't know how to solve this.

Could you please help me on this?

Thanks and Regards

Shambhu
  2. Mumin CICEK [MVP]

Mumin CICEK [MVP]

hi,

can you check permissions on your mailbox please?

and try to add SELF account to permissions and assign rights to it.

regards,

Mumin CICEK | Exchange - MVP | www.cozumpark.com | www.mumincicek.com
  3. Shambhu Sharma

Shambhu Sharma

Hi,

I checked the SELF permission. It is all ready enabled on all account. Yesterday I read some blogs and they said to deply Outlook Service Pack 2. I done but It also couldn't help.

Any more luck?

Regards

Shambhu
  4. Mumin CICEK [MVP]

Mumin CICEK [MVP]

hi,

what is the owa status? can you open owa with this account? and on your computer you are logging on with this account, right?

regards,

Mumin CICEK | Exchange - MVP | www.cozumpark.com | www.mumincicek.com
  5. Shambhu Sharma

Shambhu Sharma

Hi,

I am able to open the OWA for all users but I am getting certificate problem which is normal. I got one problem in OWA also. When I send mail, it didn't delivered and go to Draft folder and become as saved item.

I open same message from Draft Item and tried to send it but I couldn't success. Here is the screen shot and other details.

http://cid-31ba948d0da4d57e.skydriv...Cannot Open your default e-mail folders|2docx

I didn't give any internet connection to my DC, HC, Both Mailbox Server, Client Work staion.

Now I have enabled to Internet Connection on DC, HC, Both Mailbox Server and Client workstation. But still same problem in MS Outlook (Cannot Open) and OWA (Cannot send) Also.

I accessed the Administrator mailbox on Mailbox Server but I got the same OWA error (Cannot Send mail and it goes to Draft item).

Hope it will help you understand my problem.

Shambhu
  6. Joel   Stidley [MVP]

Joel Stidley [MVP]

Shambhu,

A few questions for you:

Are you able to resolve the mailbox name when you are configuring the profile?

Is this mailbox hidden from the address list?

Can you take a screenshot of the connection status (Ctrl+right-click the Outlook icon in the systray and select Connection Status)

Joel Stidley | Microsoft Exchange MVP | MCITP/MCTS | http://exchangeexchange.com
  7. Shambhu Sharma

Shambhu Sharma

Hi Joel,

Thanks for your interest in my question. Here is your questions answers:

1. Are you able to resolve the mailbox name when you are configuring the profile?

Ans: Yes, I am able to resolve the name of mailbox

2. Is this mailbox hidden from the address list?

Ans: No. As you know I am not able to open the Outlook so I am not able see the Address book in MS Outlook. But When I access the OWA all users are available in OWA

Address Book.

3. Can you take a screenshot of the connection status (Ctrl+right-click the Outlook icon in the systray and select Connection Status).

Ans: I am not able to open the MS Outlook. Check my this screen shot : http://cid-31ba948d0da4d57e.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Outlook Error.png

More information I have putted in below link:

http://cid-31ba948d0da4d57e.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Services.docx

One thing more I want to say here is, all server is Windows 2008 (AD) Native and there is no Old Public Folder option available. All Servers and clients are 64 Bit.

Thanks and Regards

Shambhu Sharma
  8. Joel   Stidley [MVP]

Joel Stidley [MVP]

Can you take screen shots of you creating the new profile and of the settings of the mailbox user in EMC? I think we are missing something simple, I just don't know what it is yet.Joel Stidley | Microsoft Exchange MVP | MCITP/MCTS | http://exchangeexchange.com
  9. Shambhu Sharma

Shambhu Sharma

Hi Joel,

I will reply you on Sunday Night. Right now I am working in Night shift in my office and I am not able give the time to my own lab.

Thanks for your help.

Shambhu
  10. Shambhu Sharma

Shambhu Sharma

Hi Joel,

Today I managed to take the screen shoot of User Properties from DC and Mailbox Server and I have also took the screen shot of MS Outlook configuration and OWA Configuration. Kindly have a look on this. Hope my screenshot will help you to know about my server problem.

My screenshot file is little bit big (13 MB), please download it your system.

Screen Shot: http://cid-31ba948d0da4d57e.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/User Properties.docx

Thanks for your Help.

Shambhu Sharma
  11. Joel   Stidley [MVP]

Joel Stidley [MVP]

A tough problem indeed. One thing I don't think we asked before: Are you using Outlook 2007 SP2?

Messages stuck in the drafts folder in OWA usually mean a transport configuration issue. From a previous post I think you showed that transport services were running, can you verify that BlazeX.com is an accepted authoritative domain in the Org Config > transport section on EMC?

Joel Stidley | Microsoft Exchange MVP | MCITP/MCTS | http://exchangeexchange.com
  12. Shambhu Sharma

Shambhu Sharma

Hi Joel,

Thanks for your Reply.

I checked my server, the Blazex.com is an Accepted Authoritative Domain. Have a look please: http://cid-31ba948d0da4d57e.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/AuthoritativeDomain.png and my MS Outlook have SP 2. I am still missing something. Give me some time, I will do some troubleshooting through Command Shell and I will provide you result. I hope that will help me to understand the problem.

Thanks and Regars

Shambhu Sharma
  13. Shambhu Sharma

Shambhu Sharma

Hi All,

Bad News!!!

I changed the SID of all my Servers Hub/Client and two mailbox server. But I got the lot of problem after changig the SID of Computer. I think it is wrong process to run the NEWSID.EXE File after installing the software (Exchange) and Joining the computer in Domain. We should run this file (Newsid.exe) to change the SID before installing any software and Exchange Installation on OS Image.
    As per suggestion, I changed the SID of my System and I got lot of problem which seems that I need build new exchange servers and remove this setup.
    How did I perform to Run the NEWSID.EXE File and what was the configuration of my setup and where I done the wrong:-

1. I had Four Windows 2008 Server. First Server was the Installed Server and rest of four server the copy Image of first Server.

2. I made first server as Domain Controller.

3. Join the second Computer in the Domain and then Installed HUB/Client Exchange Server 2010.

4. Join the Third Computer in the Domain and installed the First Mailbox Exchange Server 2010.

5. Join the Fourth Computer in the Domain and installed the Second Mailbox Exchange Server 2010.

6. The installation was successful on all servers.

7. But I was not able to access the MS Outlook 2007 on Client System Win 7 or Win XP.

8. I was also not able send/Receive message from Outlook Web Access.

9. In mid of troubleshooting I knew that the VM Ware Image file or Hyper-v Image file for Server where I installed the all exchange server have the SAME SID.

10. I Change the SID of Servers the below command with running the newsid.exe file.

11. Command: c:\newsid.exe /a <newcomputername>

12. As you know we are not able to login in domain using the computer where we change the Name of computer. So I removed the computer from Domain to Workgroup and join it domain.

13. The new name has been registered in domain controller.

14. But there were lot of services which was not starting automatically or manually on the my Exchange Servers.

15. Even though Network Connections on these servers was not showing as connected but I was able to ping the server.

16. I did the googling and knew the my all servers become corrupted and I will not able to solve this problem in day, week or month. So I decided to close this practical and I should not waste my time as Exchange 2010 technology release very soon and I have less time to do the all others practical.

So Guys Thanks a tone for your support and I will upload new forum for my New Lab if I will get new problem.

Learned Lesson:

1. Don't use the image file for OS on VMWare or Hyper-v or on real server.

2. If you want to use the Image file then before installing anything on the image or before joining the computer in domain you should change the SID of system.

Thanks and Regards

Shambhu Sharma
  14. lucy10

lucy10

We store all our important emails in the EDB files. Many a times we are not able to get access to them. It happens so because the file has become corrupt or damaged. You can get rid of this problem by using EDB Repair software. This software repairs all your corrupt EDB files and that too in a matter of few seconds. Since this software performs Read only function, it does not corrupt any of your data present in your computer. This software works on all popular versions of MS Exchange Server. I have also used this software when my edb files had become corrupt and I was not able to get access to my emails. You should also check out this software.
  15. Shambhu Sharma

Shambhu Sharma

Hi Lucy,

Might be you will correct, but my problem since starting when I was installed my exchange server. I have solved this problem, there was no .edb file error. I will keep your information in my reference also and I knew your valuable input can help me in future also.

Thanks

Shambhu
  16. Jackson Keung

Jackson Keung

Hi Shambhu,

can you share with me your steps to resolve the problem that you have discribed?

Apparently i'm having th esaem problem! i'm suspecting this is caused by some permission problem but i;m not sure where.

can to share?
  17. Laeeq Qazi

Laeeq Qazi

Hi All,

Bad News!!!

I changed the SID of all my Servers Hub/Client and two mailbox server. But I got the lot of problem after changig the SID of Computer. I think it is wrong process to run the NEWSID.EXE File after installing the software (Exchange) and Joining the computer in Domain. We should run this file (Newsid.exe) to change the SID before installing any software and Exchange Installation on OS Image.

As per suggestion, I changed the SID of my System and I got lot of problem which seems that I need build new exchange servers and remove this setup.

How did I perform to Run the NEWSID.EXE File and what was the configuration of my setup and where I done the wrong:-

1. I had Four Windows 2008 Server. First Server was the Installed Server and rest of four server the copy Image of first Server.

2. I made first server as Domain Controller.

3. Join the second Computer in the Domain and then Installed HUB/Client Exchange Server 2010.

4. Join the Third Computer in the Domain and installed the First Mailbox Exchange Server 2010.

5. Join the Fourth Computer in the Domain and installed the Second Mailbox Exchange Server 2010.

6. The installation was successful on all servers.

7. But I was not able to access the MS Outlook 2007 on Client System Win 7 or Win XP.

8. I was also not able send/Receive message from Outlook Web Access.

9. In mid of troubleshooting I knew that the VM Ware Image file or Hyper-v Image file for Server where I installed the all exchange server have the SAME SID.

10. I Change the SID of Servers the below command with running the newsid.exe file.

11. Command: c:\newsid.exe /a <newcomputername>

12. As you know we are not able to login in domain using the computer where we change the Name of computer. So I removed the computer from Domain to Workgroup and join it domain.

13. The new name has been registered in domain controller.

14. But there were lot of services which was not starting automatically or manually on the my Exchange Servers.

15. Even though Network Connections on these servers was not showing as connected but I was able to ping the server.

16. I did the googling and knew the my all servers become corrupted and I will not able to solve this problem in day, week or month. So I decided to close this practical and I should not waste my time as Exchange 2010 technology release very soon and I have less time to do the all others practical.

So Guys Thanks a tone for your support and I will upload new forum for my New Lab if I will get new problem.

Learned Lesson:

1. Don't use the image file for OS on VMWare or Hyper-v or on real server.

2. If you want to use the Image file then before installing anything on the image or before joining the computer in domain you should change the SID of system.

Thanks and Regards

Shambhu Sharma

According to this Technet article: The Machine SID Duplication Myth duplicate SIDs will not affect any MS software.

Here is a quote from that article:

The final case where SID duplication would be an issue is if a distributed application used machine SIDs to uniquely identify computers. No Microsoft software does so and using the machine SID in that way doesn"t work just for the fact that all DC"s have the same machine SID. Software that relies on unique computer identities either uses computer names or computer Domain SIDs (the SID of the computer accounts in the Domain).

I participated in this thread bcoz I m having the same error as is the title of this thread, and my 2 exch servers have same SID. I m still searching for the root casue of this issue.

Can anyone comment on this?

Regards,

Laeeq Qazi|Team Lead(Exchange + Sharepoint + BES + DynamicsCRM) www.HostingController.com