1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: BCM remote database connection issue

"The attempted operation failed. An object cannot be found."

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by Remax John, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Remax John

Remax John

I just installed Office 2010 - when I try to send an email, I get the message " The attempted operation failed. An object cannot be found" This is a new computer with Windows 7 installed. I also earlier installed Outlook 2007 (prior to installing Outlook 2010) and I got the same message.

2. Somasundaram Pandiaraj

Somasundaram Pandiaraj

Create a new profile in Outlook and verify if the same issue occurs.

Note: Ensure to have your email account created in the new profile and also open the old outlook data file and set it as def

3. Guruprasad Ra

Guruprasad Ra

In addition to Som"s suggestion ensure Outlook is not running in compatibility mode:

Click on Start > Computer > C-Drive (C :) > Program Files or Program Files (X86) > Microsoft Office > Office14

Locate the Outlook icon, then do a right-click on it and select "Properties"

Select the "Compatibility" tab then uncheck the "Run this program in Compatible mode for" option

Click on Apply and then select OK

4. AAARGHH

AAARGHH

I am getting the same error message when attempting to Send/Receive. I've installed Office 2007 on a new machine running Windows 7. I tried both the suggestions above as well as others. I've run the accounts with encrypted and unencrypted servers and with all available ports. When I Test Account Settings I receive the test email on my old machine running Office 2007 from the same discs on a machine running Vista but not on the new machine. My hosting is through GoDaddy and the new machine has Norton installed. I've attempted using Outlook with Norton enabled and disabled and it makes no difference. Thanks for any help.

5. Hal Hostetler - Print-Imaging [MVP]

Hal Hostetler - Print-Imaging [MVP]

Not surprising. Norton's email scanner is arguably the single biggest email troublemaker in the known universe. Recommend you download and run the Norton Removal Tool to completely uninstall your Norton product (the uninstaller included with the package leaves lots of debris all over your system), then re-install it WITHOUT any email scanning components/modules/features and see if the problem persists.

Why You Don't Need Your Anti-Virus Program to Scan Your E-Mail

Hal

www.kvoa.com -- KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.

Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

6. AAARGHH

AAARGHH

Before I do that, how sure are you that Norton is the issue? It came pre-installed. I don't have the disc to put it back on.

7. Hal Hostetler - Print-Imaging [MVP]

Hal Hostetler - Print-Imaging [MVP]

I'm absolutely sure that, if you continue to use Norton's email scanner for whatever reason, it WILL eventually damage to your email, if it hasn't already. As to Norton's removal from your machine just because it came pre-installed, Norton paid good money to get it put there in hopes they can cooerce you into spending a lot more money with them. there are several FREE Anti Virus products that are every bit as good including AVG, Avast!, and Microsoft Security Essentials that are smaller, lighter, faster, and privide absolutely as good protection...and you do NOT want to run the email scanners from these folks, either. It is the way a local email scanner must operate that makes it dangerous.

Hal

www.kvoa.com -- KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.

Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com