1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Need CC: to show the original To: recip[ients

Autodiscover problem with Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2007

Discussion in 'Exchange Server Questions' started by Jose Martinez III, Jun 10, 2010.

  1. Jose Martinez III

    Jose Martinez III

    Guest
    When I try to add an account by autodiscover, I click Add and then it fills out the information. Then I click Next and it shows " Configuring" . Once I get two green checks on " Establish network connection" and " Search for <email>" I get an error on " Log on to server"

    The error message is " The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connect to complete this action" .

    Once I click ok, It prompts me with a small box to checkname. I click check name and it says " The name cannot be resolved. The connection to MS Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action" It shows the exchange server as the Mailbox role.

    I have 3 servers. one CAS, ONE hts, and one MBX.

    I can manually configure it fine and it works. I can login through OWA.

    PS C:\Users\jose.martinez> Test-OutlookWebServices -Identity jose.martinez | fl

    Id : 1019

    Type : Information

    Message : A valid Autodiscover service connection point was found. The Autodiscover URL on this object is https://ADM-CAS-SRV1.domain.com/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml.

    Id : 1006

    Type : Information

    Message : Contacted the Autodiscover service at https://ADM-CAS-SRV1.domain.com/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml.

    Id : 1016

    Type : Information

    Message : [EXCH] The AS is configured for this user in the AutoDiscover response received from https://ADM-CAS-SRV1.domain.com/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml.

    Id : 1015

    Type : Information

    Message : [EXCH] The OAB is configured for this user in the AutoDiscover response received from https://ADM-CAS-SRV1.domain.com/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml.

    Id : 1014

    Type : Information

    Message : [EXCH] The UM is configured for this user in the AutoDiscover response received from https://ADM-CAS-SRV1.domain.com/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml.

    Id : 1022

    Type : Success

    Message : Autodiscover was tested successfully.

    Id : 1024

    Type : Success

    Message : [EXCH] Successfully contacted the AS service at https://adm-cas-srv1.domain.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx. The elapsed time was 31 milliseconds.

    Id : 1026

    Type : Success

    Message : [EXCH] Successfully contacted the UM service at https://adm-cas-srv1.domain.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx. The elapsed time was 0 milliseconds.

    Id : 1124

    Type : Success

    Message : [Server] Successfully contacted the AS service at https://adm-cas-srv1.domain.com/ews/exchange.asmx. The elapsed time was 31 milliseconds.

    Id : 1126

    Type : Success

    Message : [Server] Successfully contacted the UM service at https://adm-cas-srv1.domain.com/ews/exchange.asmx. The elapsed time was 15 milliseconds.

    PS C:\Users\jose.martinez>
     
  2. busbar

    busbar

    Guest
  3. Jose Martinez III

    Jose Martinez III

    Guest
    Thank you. I had seen that article but I'm using Outlook 2007 which has encryption enabled already.

    I won't disable encryption so method 1 is out.

    I can't do method 2 because i can't add an account to edit through autodiscover. I COULD add it manually and I have. The box is already checked.

    Method 3 is the same as method 2. I've tried adding the key before but I get the same error.

    Method 4 is irrelevant
     
  4. busbar

    busbar

    Guest
  5. Jose Martinez III

    Jose Martinez III

    Guest
    I just looked and verified " Microsoft Exchange RPC Client Access" is set to Automatic and Started.

    Thanks for your help. Anymore ideas are VERY welcomed!! Everything seems to function GREAT except this autodiscover.
     
  6. Jose Martinez III

    Jose Martinez III

    Guest
    I fixed the problem!!

    Did a " Get-MailboxDatabase | fl"

    Saw that RpcClientAccessServer was pointed to my MBS and not my CAS.

    Ran " set-mailboxdatabase <mailboxname> -RpcClientAccessServer ADM-CAS-SRV1.domain.com"

    And autodiscover worked fine
     
Similar Threads
Forum Title Date
Using Outlook Autodiscover Problem Dec 2, 2010
Exchange Server Questions Exchange 2010 Autodiscover Problems, cannot connect Outlook clients using Autodiscover / Outlook Any Nov 17, 2010
Exchange Server Questions Autodiscover SSL problems Sep 1, 2010
Exchange Server Questions Exchange 2010 AutoDiscovery Problem Aug 26, 2010
Exchange Server Questions Exchange 2010 Autodiscover and OAB Problem Aug 20, 2010

Share This Page