1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Backup to the Cloud

Outlook is not recognized as the default mail provider or the current Mail client cannot fill the me

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by JLWaite, Aug 15, 2010.

1. JLWaite

JLWaite

I am having an error message pop up every time I start my computer. The message is as follows:

Outlook is not recognized as the default mail provider or the current Mail client cannot fill the message request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set as the Default Mail Client.

I have checked out your answers and not been able to fix the problem. My computer is running Windows 7 64 bit. I initially loaded the 32 bit version of Office Professional plus and then realized that I should probably run the 64 bit version. So, I unloaded the 32 bit versions and reloaded the 64 bit version. Since that time I have gotten this error and some of my application don't recognize the Outlook is installed. I have checked the settings in Internet explorer, program association and checked the Registry. All things point to Outlook as being the Mail client. I have tried to run the repair option from the Programs menu in the Control Pannel.

Can you offer any suggestions to correct my problem?

2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Most applications with not work with the 64bit outlook. You need to use 32bit for best integration. SeeShould you install Office 2010 32- or 64-bit? for pros and cons.

3. ActProf

ActProf

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!! After moving to Windows 7 (x64) and installing Office 2010 x64 (as recommended by a techie), I have spent days of repairing, uninstalling and reinstalling programs (FaxTalk 8, Adobe Acrobat, QuickBooks), contacting various program techs, etc. (no response from them yet) due to the default mail client error message! I just couldn't believe it would be an issue with Microsoft! But I finally decided to search for a solution within MS as I couldn't believe I was the only one with this problem! I have now uninstalled the x64 version of Office and installed the x32 and everything is working properly! Wish I had found this 4 days ago!!

I should also mention that I checked my programs' compatability with Windows 7 x64 and Office 2010 before I made the jump to Windows 7 and Office 2010. Everything looked okay so I made the leap. However, the other programs failed to indicate that they were compatible with Office 2010 32-BIT, andNOT compatible with the 64-bit version. They simply indicated " compatible with Windows 7 32 and 64-bit and Outlook 2010." Cheeze! I will be sending feedbacks to those programs to be more specific if they have not updated their programs to work with Office x64.

Frustrated-but-now-content