1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Creating a Select Case for a directory of folders

Re: Sending reported error (0x800ccc0f): The connection to the server was interrupted. If this probl

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by aiondkls, Aug 5, 2010.

1. aiondkls

aiondkls

Thanks for your replies Ruchi,

Unfortunately I have tried everything in that knowledge base article with no success.

2. Ruchi Bisht

Ruchi Bisht

Try the steps mentioned below.

1. Login to web mail.

2. Move all the mails from the Inbox folder to some other folder.

3. Open Outlook and try sending a test mail.

Ruchi Bisht

3. aiondkls

aiondkls

Still no luck.

There doesn't seem to be any logical explanation. It doesnt seem to be a server issue as email functions perfectly on another computer. It doesnt seem to be my internet as that is functioning fine. It doesnt seem to be the internet or outlook settings as they all match my laptops settings (which works), and it doesnt seem to be a software issue relating to windows 7 or Office as I have installed fresh copies of both and the error still occurs.

The only other logical explanation would be hardware no? But I dont see how this could be the case as no hardware has been changed, and the ethernet port still functions perfectly. I have also tried installing a copy of Office 2007, however the same issue occured.

Certainly a frustrating error this one lol.

4. Ruchi Bisht

Ruchi Bisht

What is the operating system on the computer?

Start the system in clean boot to check if any non-Microsoft application is causing the problem.

Note: read the disclaimer mentioned in the article.

Windows 7 and Windows Vista:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

Note: Once the trouble shooting is done start the system back to normal mode.

Ruchi Bisht

5. aiondkls

aiondkls

Operating system is Windows 7.

I added another network card to the PC and connected the internet to that instead, works fine.

So what caused this? No settings from the old NIC have been changed. Could it be something to do with the IP address?

6. Ruchi Bisht

Ruchi Bisht

Glad to know that your issue has been resolved by changing the networks card. Its really hard to explain what could have caused the issue.Ruchi Bisht

7. Sven Petersen

Sven Petersen

I am in a very similar situation. Windows 7. Using outlook 2003 and Win Mail. pop account works great on another system and not this one. I am very interested in why a different NIC might fix the problem.