1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Meeting printing background fields

the linked image cannot be displayed. the file may have been moved renamed or deleted. message

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by Brent Lacasse, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Brent Lacasse

Brent Lacasse

I am getting a " the linked image cannot be displayed the file may have been moved renamed or deleted verify that the link points to the correct file and location" on all images on all received emails using outlook 2010. Even if I enable image downloading thru trust center they do not download.

2. Surya Prasad Vemulapalli

Surya Prasad Vemulapalli

This issue may occur if the Outlook Secure temp folder doesn"t have enough free space. Try to clear the contents from the following folder location and verify the status:

C:\Users\ username \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\xxxxxxx

Note: ensure Outlook is not open when clearing the Outlook Secure Temp folder.

3. Viggosalpha

Viggosalpha

I have the same issue. I flushed the contents.outlook file (but had to seek out a way to do it in XP) and restarted Outlook 2010. Same problem. What next?

4. computernerdzzzz

computernerdzzzz

hi vigo, just to drop by quickly, im just a IT worker, try this

https://login.live.com/login.srf&rpsnv=11&ct=1283947383&rver=5.5.4177.0&wp=MBI&wreply=https%3a%2f%2fauth.blu.livefilestore.com%2fstorageservice%2fpassport%2flogin.aspx%3fcid%3d1879459334513009238%26cru%3dhttp%253a%252f%252fcid-4fc3e8fc77f77286.skydrive.live.com%252fself.aspx%252f.Public%252flnkfix.zip%253fwa%253dwsignin1.0%2526sa%253d291472320&id=250915&cbcxt=sky&vv=800&lc=1033

1. go to this links and download the file.

2. save it on your desktop

3. double-click on the file lnk.reg and click ,Yes.

4. restart the computer.

if you feel obliged after the issue is resolved,please post back the result. have a good evening.

Tee (computernerdzzzzz)

5. Why3M

Why3M

Whould this also apply to windows 7 x86 or even x64...?Why3M

6. ComNerdZZZ

ComNerdZZZ

sorry for the late reply Why3m,

yep it does, as it has the same registry set.

let me know.

7. Why3M

Why3M

Thanks ComNerdZZZ,

Went through with this a few weeks back using the link.reg...... it worked a treat....

Many Thanks,

Why3M

Why3M

8. ComNerdZZZ

ComNerdZZZ

Cool, great on you Why3M :)

have a good day.

9. Skye2cool

Skye2cool

Hi there,

I appreciate the attempt... didn't work for me though. Still looking for an answer.

10. youhavegottobekiddingme

youhavegottobekiddingme

The problem may stem from Access Rights. My account is in local Administrators grp as well as my local admin user but when either/both run Off2k10 Repair, there are many access denied alerts within/to registy keys asking to abort, retry, ignore. I recently added my system to a company domain and I belv that is when this occured within my OL app. Some GPO block may have taken place. These are nice when needs put are impossible to remove. Any thoughts about this avenue for cause?

I also did clear out Content.Outlook folder and have 32Gb of local space and still problem is present.

11. youhavegottobekiddingme

youhavegottobekiddingme

I fixed my own issue based upon someone else's question. The problem with myself is MCAFEE AV!!! run from it! the block is from setting within " Anti-virus Maximum Protection:protect cached files from password and email address stealers" . When I added the system to domain, I also installed McAfee. bummer.

12. ComNerdZZZ

ComNerdZZZ

Dear Youhavegottabekid.

I am so sorry i dint have internet at home at the mo. sad and great to hear you got it up.

well, im not the experts on the domain environment. but yeah, if you have isues in the future, feel free to drop me a mail :) or post it up :)

Have a good one to all :)

13. Vinay Shandilya

Vinay Shandilya

Can any body provide the solution, for this erro:- the linked image cannot be displayed. the file may have been moved renamed or deleted. verify that the link points to the correct file and location

Windows XP machine, Oultook 2010

Deleted all Temp internet files

Outlook profile recreated

User profile also recreated

I tried all the options mentioned above. but still facing the same issue.

14. a16vuu

a16vuu

Hi Guys - just thought I would share this - I had the above problem on a clients PC even after removing tick from the download restriction , clearing the Outlook Secure folder etc etc the images still didn't show - it turned out he was using firefox as his default browser and not IE - and IE was set to work offline - as soon as I took the tick off Work offline in IE all the images displayed correctly :)

15. ComNerdZZZ

ComNerdZZZ

mm.. can you provide me the details below Vinay?

- your commputer is not under the domain?

- what Anti-virus you are using?

- what else have you tried?

-computer brand?

- XP home? XP PRO?

Let me know and I will research for you.

16. ComNerdZZZ

ComNerdZZZ

and have you tried the treat --> hi vigo, just to drop by quickly, im just a IT worker, try this

https://login.live.com/login.srf&rpsnv=11&ct=1283947383&rver=5.5.4177.0&wp=MBI&wreply=https%3a%2f%2fauth.blu.livefilestore.com%2fstorageservice%2fpassport%2flogin.aspx%3fcid%3d1879459334513009238%26cru%3dhttp%253a%252f%252fcid-4fc3e8fc77f77286.skydrive.live.com%252fself.aspx%252f.Public%252flnkfix.zip%253fwa%253dwsignin1.0%2526sa%253d291472320&id=250915&cbcxt=sky&vv=800&lc=1033

1. go to this links and download the file.

2. save it on your desktop

3. double-click on the file lnk.reg and click ,Yes.

4. restart the computer.

if you feel obliged after the issue is resolved,please post back the result. have a good evening.