1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Message not downloading

Outlook 2007 + imap + adding gmail

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by wfinnin, Aug 25, 2010.

1. wfinnin

wfinnin

I am using Windows 7 Professional and Office 2007. When trying to add a gmail account to Outlook 2007 as an IMAP acct, I can't connect to the IMAP server.

My Security is ZoneAlarm extreme Security version 9.3.0114.000

I have telnet enabled as automatic and it is started.

I have tried to configure the account using all of the instructions at thegmail support site to no avail.

I have tried this with and without ZoneAlarm turned on.

I used to get gmail as a POP account, now I can't even get it either.

I woould prefer to use it as an IMAP account.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. GordonBP

GordonBP

So what exactly happens when you try?

3. wfinnin

wfinnin

When I follow all of the instructions, I receive the following error message,

"Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for Jackie's Gmail.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for Jackie's Gmail. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

If I try to check the IMAP folders I receive the followingmessage,

"The connection to the server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action"

This while I am connected to the internet.

When I try to change the account in the account settings and try to test the account settings for the gmail account I get the following,

"Some errors occured while processing the the tests. Review the list of errors below for more details. If the problem persists after taking the suggested actions, contact your Internet Service provider."

"Log onto incoming mail server(IMAP): The connection to the server failed.

Sent test email message: Outlok cannot connect to to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server.

If the problem persists contact your Internet Service provider."

Do I need to do something to ensure my TELNET is working?