1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Advanced Search Question

How to stop multiple instances of Outlook 2007 from starting

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by Druco, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Druco

Druco

When ever I click my Outlook Icon to start Outlook I get 2 instances, sometimes 3. I remember that there is a " recycle" switch somewhere that may be duplicated, but I can't recall the location to look for it.

Please advise how to stop this.

2. Shenan Stanley [MVP]

Shenan Stanley [MVP]

Sounds like you opened some things in " New Windows" and then exited Outlook with it like that.

Figure out what windows are the ones you opened in a new window, close those with the X and then do File-->Exit in Outlook. Then Open Outlook. It should open with only the one you had opened last.

Also - if you have single-click on for the icons or this is an icon in the taskbar - don't double-click. ;-)

Shenan Stanley

MS-MVP

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

3. Ruchi Bisht

Ruchi Bisht

Try the below mentioned steps:

1. Open Outlook.

2. Press and hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task manager

3. Click on the process tab at the top and check if there are more than one Outlook.exe listed or not

4. If there are more than one Outlook.exe, select it and click end process at the bottom right for all.

5. Once Outlook is closed, open Run (press and hold Windows key + R key) and type Outlook->click ok.

6. Repeat the step 2.

7. Check if there is one Outlook.exe running in the process tab or more than one.

8. If there are more than one processes running repeat the step 2 and 3 and try todisable add-ins for Outlook.

Ruchi Bisht