Exchange 2010 With Outlook 2010 - No Free\busy info?

Discussion in 'Exchange Server Questions' started by DVDKEA, Sep 27, 2010.

1. DVDKEA

DVDKEA

I have a brand new install of Exchange 2010 with the clients all running Outlook 2010. I can log into OWA and see other users calendar free\busy info. But, when I use the full outlook 2010 client, I the

/////////no information////////// for all users.

Any ideas what the issue might me?

2. tevako

tevako

Before you go too far can you try to uncheck Outlook cached exchange mode and see if you get a different result? Also, are you getting any errors in your event logs related to this?

Regards,

Greg Negelow MCITP Enterprise Administrator | MCITP EMA 2010

3. Jonas Andersson [MCITP]

Jonas Andersson [MCITP]

How are you publishing the F/B time?

PF or through CAS?

Restart the microsoft exchange replication service

Jonas Andersson MCTS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010 | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 | MCSE/MCSA Blog: http://www.testlabs.se/blog

4. DVDKEA

DVDKEA

We have PF and CAS. PF is only there for Blackberry's. By default, Free\busy is published through CAS, correct?

Again, I can see free\busy in OWA, but not the full outlook client.

5. Jonas Andersson [MCITP]

Jonas Andersson [MCITP]

Have you tried both online and offline cache mode?Jonas Andersson MCTS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010 | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 | MCSE/MCSA Blog: http://www.testlabs.se/blog

6. Allen Song

Allen Song

Hi,

For the Outlook 2010 client, it uses web service (AS URL) to access the calendar of the mailbox to get the free/busy, but the OWA uses Availabiltiy Service API to get the free/busy. The difference is the web service.

Thus, you need to ensure the Outlook client get the correct the Availability Service URL.

Please run test-outlookwebservices |fl command in EMS, then post the results here.

Thanks

Allen

Allen Song