1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: bcc and Google imap

How can I UNSYNC Outlook and my webmail?

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by Vickster1955, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Vickster1955

Vickster1955

I ended up with a bad sync: if a message is in my webmail then it stays in my Outlook; if I delete the message from my webmail, the message is automatically deleted from my Outlook. I do not know how to fix this and it is really awful. I am not a techie. I am running Outlook 2010. PLEASE HELP! All I want to be able to do is delete messages from my webmail and keep them in my Outlook. Thank you.

2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

What type of email account do you use?

When you use the Outlook Hotmail Connector, Exchange server, or IMAP, Outlook and online are synced. It should work both ways - delete in one, its deleted in the other on the next sync.

if you don't want to sync them, you need to configure the account in Outlook to use POP3.

3. Vickster1955

Vickster1955

Where/how do I configure in Outlook to use POP3? And believe me I do not know what that means although I recognize it as one of the choices (POP3, IMAP, etc.). If you would be so kind as to tell me where to go in Outlook to unsync things I would be truly grateful!

4. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

5. Vickster1955

Vickster1955

Thank you - I really don't understand this but I printed your message and will try it over the weekend. Victoria