1. Notice: I had to turn off email alerts for everyone. Anyone who wants email notification can re-enable the email alerts in their profile at outlookforums.com/account/preferences (and Alert Preferences). Also verify your email address is correct under Contact Details.

Send test e-mail message: Unable to send test Message. Please verify the E-mail Address field.

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by Outlook send email problem, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Outlook send email problem

Outlook send email problem

The Outlook can receive email and send out email yesterday. But it can received email and can't send out email today.

When tried Test Account Settings, it’s show the Errors

Send test e-mail message: Unable to send test Message. Please verify the E-mail Address field.

I have checked with Internet Service Provider, and the setting is correct.
  2. Gordon B-P

Gordon B-P

The Outlook can receive email and send out email yesterday. But it can received email and can't send out email today.

When tried Test Account Settings, it’s show the Errors

How did you send this " test message" - by composing a new message, or by using the " Test Account Settings" in the mail setup dialog box?

If the former, try the latter and it may throw up a more detailed error message.

If you find my response helpful, please click on the " Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you!

My Blog
  3. Ruchi Bisht

Ruchi Bisht

What type of e-mail account do you have(erg POP, IMAP, HOTMAIL etc..)?

Try the below mentioned steps:

1. Open Outlook.

2. Click on Tools->E-mail account setting.

3. Click Next for view or change e-mail account settings.

4. Ensure that all the account settings are correct.

5. Click on Test account settings and check.

6. If all the account settings are correct, there will check mark for all.

7. Click next ->finish.

Note: You can also contact your ISP to get the correct server information or the port number.

Ruchi Bisht