1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Change default email for address book

Error message sending emails through outlook 2010

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by Ezio Cembran, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Ezio Cembran

Ezio Cembran

I had outlook 2007 and began receiving an error message that I could not send out emails through 2007 when I added another email account on Outlook 2007. I istalled Outlook 2010 and am getting the same message. I can receive emails but when I send them out I receive the error message (Send test e-mail message: Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).) when I send the test message. I have contacted my internet provider and they say it is a problem with Outlook. Can you help me with this and can I add other accounts?

2. Brian Tillman

Brian Tillman

You have your outgoing SMTP server settings incorrect. Fix them and Outlook 2007 or 2010 will work. Your mail service provider can give you the values you need. I don't understand why you purchased a new license for Outlook 2010 when Outlook 2007 would do the job equally well.

https://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/mvp/BrianTillman-38523

3. Guruprasad Ra

Guruprasad Ra