1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Outlook 2010 task - comments missing

incoming messages plain text font/appearance

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by 11VJC11, Nov 1, 2010.

1. 11VJC11

11VJC11

How do I change the text/font and size for incoming plain text messages in Outlook 2007?
  2. Russ Valentine

Russ Valentine

Note that the appearance of incoming messages is set by the sender and cannot always be overridden by Outlook. If they can, you would do so in Tools > Options > Mail Format > Stationery and Fonts... > Composing and Reading Plain text messagesRuss Valentine
  3. 11VJC11

11VJC11

I am aware that sender determines appearance. However, for the past 4 years all plain text messages came in as Verdana 12pt which is what my settings are in Tools > Options > Mail Format > Stationery and Fonts... > Composing and Reading Plain text messages. Suddenly they began coming in as Times New Roman 10pt alhought my settings haven't been altered.
  4. Russ Valentine

Russ Valentine

So I assume you know of nothing that changed just before "suddenly." As I said, this feature will not work consistently because too many variables affect whether Outlook will detect a message as plain text at the time it hits the local Inbox. It's always worth resetting the format to something else, restarting Outlook, then setting it back to your preference just to make sure your setting preferences didn't get corrupted.Russ Valentine