error code 0x800CCC80 in Outlook 'None of the authentication methods supported by this client are su

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by banks-pm, Nov 30, 2010.

1. banks-pm

banks-pm

Sending' reported error (0x800CCC80) : 'None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server.

I get this message trying to send mail from Outlook 2010 but only when connected via BT Broadband at my home office. I do not get the error when connected via my Vodafone 3g card, or when connected via my Virgin Media brodaband connection at my other office.

If I delete the message from my outbox and perform a send/receive I do not get the message, so it doesn't seem to be trying to send an " invisible" message.

2. Roady [MVP]

Roady [MVP]

3. Ruchi Bisht

Ruchi Bisht

Try the steps mentioned below.

1. Click on File->Info->Account settings.

2. Double click on the e-mail account.

3. Click on more settings->Outgoing server.

4. Uncheck the box my server requires authentication.

5. Click ok.

6. Click next->finish and check.

Ruchi Bisht

4. SaraBella

SaraBella

I just had this problem too and I finally just went to the account settings under " Tools" and clicked the " repair" button and it fixed the problem. I couldn't believe it was that simple. I was ready to reinstall Office 2007 to see if that would fix it but now I don't have to. Hope this help somebody else out there who comes across this error message.

I have W7 and using Outlook 2007.