1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Business Projects question

Outlook Error synchronizing your folder hierarchy : 80041050. Send Not Receive

Discussion in 'Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook' started by Timo, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Timo

Timo

Hi,

I can send but not receive following the outlook connector update. I receive the error message above. My windows updates are currently updated, I have uninstalled the outlook connector and re-installed the latest one on the Microsoft website, I have also installed the Microsoft "workaround" olc.msi.

Still no joy.

I noticed when following the olc.msi workaround that my search indexes in Outlook did not include an outlook connector option to uncheck, I only had personal, archive and my hotmail account, all checked. Also when I looked at email account settings data files I had personal and archive, but my hotmail account had "unavailable".

I would appreciate any advice, as the only other advice on forums seems to be to change settings and download the whole inbox and archives again. I am in SE Asia attempting to get a volunteer placement, (this error is severely affecting my search), I will not be able to connect and follow this option as it will take c24 hours. Also I seem to recall this sort of problem occuring 2 years ago and I lost a lot of important emails and contact details.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated, as would any alternative suggestions to using Outlook as they clearly have recurring problems.

Regards

Tim O'Leary

2. Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator
    Re: Outlook Error synchronizing your folder hierarchy : 80041050. Send Not Rec

Any long folder names in your hotmail? Any non-alphanumeric chanracters in the folder name?

When did the problem start? Did it ever work as expected?

What is the workaround olc.msi?

3. Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

oh...
    As in "recently moved there from another time zone?" Did you change the time zone and are you using the correct date and time? Others have had issues when the computer clock does not match the server - if you changed the computer time so it reflected local time instead of changing the time zone (to avoid screwing up appointment times) - this could be the cause.

4. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

5. Timo

Timo

Thanks for your help, Yes I changed the time zone to Bangkok as I am in Thailand

6. Timo

Timo

Thanks for your assistance, no folders are mentioned, the detailed report states only:

Time: 08/07/2011 11:22:39

Error in Mail

Error with Send/Receive.

There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error : 80041050.

7. Timo

Timo

Thanks for your assistance.

The olc.msi workaround was advice I found on a microsoft support webpage for problems with outlook 2007 outlook connector, as their initial uninstall advice and re-install a revised version of outlook connector did not work I tried that as well.

Folder names are not long (max is 24 characters) and only include numbers, letters or spacebar only, no symbols i.e. no non-alphanumeric characters

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011