1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: DataNumen Outlook Repair

Copy individual file folders in Outlook 2010 PST to a My Documents folder

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by WingsWest, Sep 28, 2011.

1. WingsWest

WingsWest

When I'm finished with a project I want to copy a single file folder containing all the emails including attachments from an Outlook 2010 PST to a My Documents folder on a Windows 7 based PC. I know I can copy or move the folder within the existing PST but I want to reduce the PST size by moving (or copying) to another location on my PC. I've seen this done a number of years ago but do not remember how it was accomplished.

Any suggestions?

2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

you can't move folders, only the contants of the folder.

Create a folder in Windows Explorer, open it on half the screen and outlook on the other then select all and drag...

3. mcerni

mcerni

There is the Archive option.

Go to: File --> Info --> Mailbox Cleanup --> Archive... and follow the instructions. The file name could be renamed as you wish directly in the little window "Archive file:" I used to do it many times with previous versions of Outlook, 2003/2007, and it worked. I had the Exchange service at that time.

Now, I have outlook at home, and the problem with this 2010 version is that it will create your archive.pst file wherever you want to save it on your personal folders on HD but it's EMPTY!!!! I do not understand why. I did in the past as I said and it worked anytime.

Now, you can open back that archive in your Outlook and it will be nicely opened but ... empty. So, maybe you could figure out why the archive is saved empty and let me know too.

Hope it helps you to move a little bit further.

Mike

4. larry

larry

5. helptaskfix

helptaskfix

What you can do is to break the big PST file into smallers parts.

Create 5 -10 New Empty PST file and then move few folders from OLD PST file to these new PST files.

And then close the PST files from within the Outlook.

Now you can easily copy all PST files easily to a new machine in desired folder.