Getting my Claendar additions to appear in Outlook Today

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by rskay, Nov 13, 2011.

1. rskay

rskay

This is my first post. So first off my advance apologies for being an ignoramus. Really.

I'm using Outlook 2007. Only for calendar and contacts. Not for email.

I usually add items to my calendar by syncing it with my Blackberry. Up until recently I haven't used the Outlook calendar very much but I have just updated it hoping to start syncing it with ICloud.

The calendar itself has everything in it but certain newer items (newer in that they were added later to my phone) don't show up in the ICloud after sync. I've noticed they also don't show up in Outlook Today. I figure I should see what's going on with that before dealing with the ICloud issue. There's something about these entries but I can't figure out what it is.

I only have one Calendar in Outlook. I recently deleted an item and re-entered it directly on Outlook but the same result-- no show in Outlook Today (or ICloud)

Thanks for your help.

BTW-- how do you get back to Outlook Today after you've moved on to the Calendar?

Rick
  2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Not showing up in outlook today is to be expected - icloud has it's own data file and outlook today uses the default. Icloud copies appointments to its data file and removes them from outlook.

Go to the calendar and switch to a list view. Do you see any appointments?

Switch to the icloud calendar and use a list view. All of your appointments should be here.
  3. rskay

rskay

Thank you Diane. First I should tell you that when I opened Outlook today the missing appointments did show up. I did nothing, as far as I know to cause this. It just took a while.

But the newer appointments still don't show up in ICloud. When I go to the list view (I assume you mean the "all appointments view"?) They are there in the Outlook Calendar-- not in the ICloud Calendar.

I expect I have misunderstood you somehow. I am grateful for your help.

Rick
  4. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

All appointments = a list view.

There should be an icloud sync button that will sync the outlook folders with the icloud folders (but it didn't sync anything for me.)
  5. rskay

rskay

Re: Getting my Calendar additions to appear in Outlook Today

I have clicked that button many times- to no apparent effect.
  6. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Funny, that's exactly how it works here too. :) You can do it manually - select all, copy to the icloud calendar.
  7. rskay

rskay

Hmmm. I'll try the copy all technique next week (that would be OK if it works)-- but next week-- I'm on the road this weekend.

Rick
  8. jaybee

jaybee

I have a similar problem. I am trying to get the iCloud Control Panel to set up syncing contacts and calendar between my Outlook 2010 (32 bit) and iCloud. I am running Win7 64 bit. When I run the iCloud control panel to sync contacts and calendar between iCloud, my Outlook 2010, and my iPhone, the process stops near the end and kicks out an error message “Your setup couldn’t be started because of an unexpected error.” I can see, when logging in icloud.com, that the contacts and calendar are transferred to iCloud. When I open Outlook it does not show any iCloud calender or contacts folders on the left side of the navigation pane when either contacts or calendar is chosen. As with others, my calendar disappears from Outlook Today.

The problem seems to be that the iCloud Control Panel syncing initiation process does not create a data store in Outlook 2010 of the type that ends in .aplzod

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this data store created?

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD="class: fancy_title"][/TD]

[TD="class: fancy_title"]

[/TD]

[TD="class: fancy_title"][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]