1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Importing Opportunities in to BCM 2013

Outlook 2010 - linking appointments to contact activities

Discussion in 'Outlook Wishlist' started by mhamer, Jan 4, 2012.

1. mhamer

mhamer

In Outlook 2003, it was simple to link a contact to any appointment and/or task - click on the contact button and select the person(s) you wanted to link to. This way you can view the activities that related to a contact from the contact activity icon/tab

In Outlook 07 and/or 10 I can not make this happen. Please bring back the contact button so that I can understand the full relationship I have with a client.

2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

it's still there, jusr hidden - go to options, contact options and enable contact linking.

3. mhamer

mhamer

Thank you Diane

I have been trolling through various website were have you have mentioned a solution will be coming I just had not found Tip375.

Thank you again. Have a great new year. Michelle:D

4. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Not a problem - it gave me a chance to review it and see if it needed updated. (It did - i added the screenshot.)

5. mhamer

mhamer

Hi Diane

I have now turned on the Contacts feature and can see it in appointments/tasks however when I link an appointment to a contact, and then go back into the contact and view the appointment under the activities page I can only see emails that I have sent to this contact.

No tasks or appointments or incoming emails are listing.

Now I did wonder if I need to sign out and then back in - no change, I have also tried to other persons Outlook 2010 accounts including a MicroSoft Gold Partner just in case I have gone crazy - no success. Can you please let me know if there is a fix that I haven't applied or it is "still in progress fix". Cheers, Michelle

6. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

that is a bug - outlook 2010 and activities - not sure if it wil every be fixed because its related to the depreciation of the journal.

7. mhamer

mhamer

This is a grave pitty - it was a great feature in Outlook. What do you mean by "depreciation of the journal"? Is there a work around? Michelle

8. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

THe journal is being discontinued - rather than remove it completely, they make it less accessible and remove integration with other parts of outlook. At this time about the only workaroun is to search the journal directly.

9. Jethro

Jethro

Where is contact options? I see task options and journal options but no contact options

10. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky