1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Outlook 2013 default file error

iCloud Calendar/Contacts Syncing Hangs At End - aplzod Data Store Not Created

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by jaybee, Jan 7, 2012.

1. jaybee

jaybee

I am trying to get the iCloud Control Panel to set up syncing contacts and calendar between my Outlook 2010 (32 bit) and iCloud. I am running Win7 64 bit. When I run the iCloud control panel to sync contacts and calendar between iCloud, my Outlook 2010, and my iPhone, the process stops near the end and kicks out an error message “Your setup couldn’t be started because of an unexpected error.” I can see, when logging in icloud.com, that the contacts and calendar have been transferred from Outlook to iCloud. However, when I open Outlook it does not show any iCloud calender or contacts folders on the navigation pane when either contacts or calendar is chosen. As with others, my calendar disappears from Outlook Today.

The problem seems to be that the iCloud Control Panel syncing initiation process does not create a data store in Outlook 2010 of the type that ends in .aplzod

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this data store created in Outlook?

2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Re: iCloud Calendar/Contacts Syncing Hangs At End - aplzod Data Store Not Crea

You have confirmed that the icloud file is not at C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\974B7CD6-7080-4CDD-8C8F-564E6C7223DF.aplzod (the GUID may be different)?

Any error messages in the event viewer that might give us a clue?

Are you using default UAC (and other security) settings in Windows? What antivirus?

3. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

One more thing - if you go to File, Account settings, Data files and click Add is icloud an available type of storage? (I'm assuming its not already listed as a data file in your profile).

Because it seems like it works until the point the file is created and added to outlook, I'm thinking its security blocking the folder creation or addition to outlook.

Oh... what permissions does your user account have? Try running the icloud setup as an admin.

4. jaybee

jaybee

You have confirmed that the iCloud file is not at C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\974B7CD6-7080-4CDD-8C8F-564E6C7223DF.aplzod (the GUID may be different)?

* The iClould file is in the location you cited with a different GUID

Any error messages in the event viewer that might give us a clue?

* There is an administrative event at the same date & time that the file above was created. It reads “Warning: Failed to connect to server error 0x800401F0

Are you using default UAC (and other security) settings in Windows? What antivirus?

* UAC is in default. Using Kaspersky Internet Security 2012

One more thing - if you go to File, Account settings, Data files and click Add is icloud an available type of storage? (I'm assuming it’s not already listed as a data file in your profile).

* Yes, iCloud is one of the two choices available. When I click on iCloud I get a message “There was an error locating one of the items needed to complete this operation. It may have been deleted."

Because it seems like it works until the point the file is created and added to outlook, I'm thinking its security blocking the folder creation or addition to outlook.

* I can disable KIS and try running the iCloud if you think it is worth a try

Oh... what permissions does your user account have? Try running the icloud setup as an admin.

* My Win 7 account is Administrator. Should I try the right click "Run As Administrator" when I run the iCloud Control Panel again?

5. catherized

catherized

It sounds like it's a permission error - .I wonder if failed to connect to server means your user account or password is mistyped?

You can try run as admin on the icloud but I'm not sure it will work.

6. jaybee

jaybee

Thanks for your suggestions catherized. In order to use the iCloud Control Panel you need to sign in correctly. I leave the app running all the time. So I am not sure which server you think is having log-in issues. I have tried the right click "run as Administrator" with the iCloud Control Panel with no change to the results. Any other thoughts?

Still looking for a way to complete the syncing process properly.

7. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Based on

I would look at either the me.com IMAP server or the icloud. If you don't have a me account, then its not that. :)

8. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

After doing a little research, i wonder if its a DCOM server error. If so, it means the icloud utility is not installed correctly - I'd probably try uninstalling it and rerunning setup, starting the setup file using Run as Admin.

Go to Administration Tools, Component services, expand Computers to view DCOM config. Is there anything there that looks like it could be from apple? (I don't have icloud on this computer to check.)

9. jaybee

jaybee

There is an "AppleSoftwareUpdateAdmin" listed there which shows an application type:Local Server and default Authentication Level.

I do have a me.com account. Not sure how might affect the issue.