1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Outlook 2010 task - comments missing

Rules - 2010 - leave on server for 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by loadedmind, Apr 10, 2012.

1. loadedmind

loadedmind

Hey all,

I'm trying to figure out whether this is even possible. I check my work email (which is managed by an off-site company called Intermedia (intermedia.net)) using my iPhone configured as Exchange Server. The problem, it seems, is that I have to go to the email account below the normal section to check new emails that arrive from individuals that have their own rules. I'd like to be able to set a rule up that allows email to stay on the server, then be delivered to their respective folders after 2 weeks. Does anyone know how or am I going to need to ask for a feature in Outlook perhaps?
  2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Outlook can't do that... there is an addin called Auto-Mate that can run rules after a period of time or you could run rules manually.

You can certainly request anything as a feature, but don't get your hopes up. :)
  3. loadedmind

loadedmind

Thank you for your reply Diane. Sure appreciate the info. Was pulling my hair out (have to spare every hair I can these days!) trying to figure out the right combination of rule sets.
  4. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

There is a rule that uses the received date - but you need to update it (it uses actual dates, not 'last week' or 'last month') - that could help you move old mail, but it will be labor intensive as the rules will need to be updated all - its not a good solution.