1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Exchange 2013 ECP migration connects to crashed server

Clearing/Deleting all Public Folders through VBA

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by KishanDavdra, Dec 3, 2012.

1. KishanDavdra

KishanDavdra

Our company often updates and replaces the contacts stored on Public folders, and I would like to know whether there is a way in which I can speed up this process.

Is it possible to devise a macro which will automatically clear all contacts held in the Public folders?

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated...

Regards,

Kishan Davdra.

2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Yes, you can use a macro to delete the contacts in public folders. Are you using 1 folder or multiple folders?

3. KishanDavdra

KishanDavdra

We have four public folders with contacts and will, most likely, need to delete contacts from all of these folders.

Is there any code which can clear all of these folders in one go?

Thanks for your help - much appreciated!

4. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

If the folders are subfolders - \Customers\A-D\ and \Customers\E-H\ and \Customers\I-K\ etc., you can use an array. If the folders are all over the place, you'll need to repeat a block of code that sets the folder and deletes the contacts for each path.

Delete items from a public folder - Slipstick Systems