1. Notice: I had to turn off email alerts for everyone. Anyone who wants email notification can re-enable the email alerts in their profile at outlookforums.com/account/preferences (and Alert Preferences). Also verify your email address is correct under Contact Details.

Irregular repeating appointments: add-in not working

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by boppy2010, Dec 4, 2012.

1. boppy2010

boppy2010

Hi folks,

I have 56 appointments to put in next year's calendar and need to invite the same person to each one. Each appointment is identical.

As there is no regular pattern to the series I can't use the recurring appointment option. Copying-pasting is fine except that I still have to open each individual appointment to invite the other recipient.

Searching on this topic I have seen a recommendation to use the Websetters Repeating Appointment add-in which I have installed. However, while it shows up under Options/Add-ins, I cannot find a way to open the dialog to set up the repeats.

Naturally I have tried to ask for help but the developers only allow contact via a web form and it does not work (keeps telling me I need to supply an email address, which I have done but the form must be faulty).

So I was hoping someone here may have experience with this product and help me launch the dialog box, or alternatively have another suggestion to achieve my task.

Thanks in advance,

Jo
  2. catherized

catherized

What version of Outlook do you use?

If 2010 (maybe 2007 too) , select the WS addin in Addins and click the Addin options button. What is it set on?
  3. boppy2010

boppy2010

Thanks for repyling. In Outlook (201) Options I have it set to show commands in both menu and toolbar. It's not showing anywhere though.

On the Add-ins tool bar above the ribbon there is only Eset security, no other add-ins appear.
  4. boppy2010

boppy2010

Thanks for repyling. In Outlook (2010) Options I have it set to show commands in both menu and toolbar. It's not showing anywhere though.

On the Add-ins tool bar above the ribbon there is only Eset security, no other add-ins appear.

When I create a new appointment again there is no sign of the add-in.
  5. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

I tried it with all three of the addin options and nada. I tried it in admin mode, nada. i ouldn't find anything on his site about how to make it work - there is a little blurb about it not working right with the ribbon, but said that otherwise, it works well.

After turning UAC back on, I'm getting a bad file error & the addins options page is not available.
  6. boppy2010

boppy2010

Yah, I saw the FAQ about Win 7 issues. My UAC was already set to never notify but even so I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. The time I have wasted on this would have been more productively spent manually entering each appointment. I wonder if anyone ever spends money on the products supplied by that company.

I did try emailing info@webstters.co.uk and it hasn't bounced yet so maybe they'll reply to me. Meantime, back to copying and pasting I guess.

Thanks for giving it a try for me, Diane.
  7. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Years ago they were great - the addin worked great in Outlook 2003 and earlier. Unfortunately, I think they lost interest in developing outlook products and they never updated it for Outlook 2007. I removed it from my addins list at slipstick.com a few months ago because their site was often down.