1. Notice: I had to turn off email alerts for everyone. Anyone who wants email notification can re-enable the email alerts in their profile at outlookforums.com/account/preferences (and Alert Preferences). Also verify your email address is correct under Contact Details.

How Would I Write This Filter?

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by David_H, Dec 4, 2012.

1. David_H

David_H

Need to edit

In addition to the main task folder which I use for work I have 3 other task folders:

Personal Tasks

Personal Features

Personal Someday

I want to create to-do list views so that the items in the features and someday folder do not show up in my to-do list. Strangely, if I implement as shown in attachment 2.jpg below, they don't show up, but neither does personal tasks, which I want to show up! On the other hand attachment 1.jpg, which I would think should work, all folders still show up.

2.jpg 1.jpg
  2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Are you sure you have the images # right? The one with 2 in folder conditions should fail, the one with one should work. Or, the doesn't contain is messing with my logic. :)

2 in folders fail because when you use a field twice, it or's the conditions. if it doesn't contain a it's going to contain b and if it doesn't contain b, it will contain a. :) Try using In folder doesn't contain name1 OR name2 or use the query builder.
  3. David_H

David_H

Keep in mind my numbers above are based on the file names, not the names the order they appear on the screen. I was able to get it to work by including the words I wanted to filter all in one statement.
  4. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Ah... I never noticed the filenames. DUH! I'm blind as a bat tonight. :) Glad you got it working.