1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: User-Defined Relationship Fields: Invisible?

Sharing BCM with laptop.

Discussion in 'BCM (Business Contact Manager)' started by daverat, Dec 5, 2012.

1. daverat

daverat

HELP!!

I have spent approximately 8 hours searching online on this and a chat session with Microsoft didn't even help.

I cannot share the Database. I have followed all troubleshooting points ad infinitum. I am about to cry and for an old man that is not good!

When I run the wizard on the client to add database it come up with no databases found. When I run the wizard to allow users on the server(where the DB is - sorry if too non-technical) I can not manage to add a user on the other laptop.

If anybody has an idiot's guide I would be grateful or could point this idiot in the right direction he would be eternally grateful.

Thanks

Dave

M
  2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

3. daverat

daverat

Thanks Diane

Now sorted. On a slightly other point, are the forms available on both PCs on a shared database or do I need to recreate them on both.

Thanks again for your help.

Dave

did you let the BCM tool create the database using the names it wanted to use? <= this important

Configuring BCM to share a SQL server database - Slipstick Systems[/QUOTE]
  4. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

I never tested it and i can't test it now because my computer won't connect to the remote db. :) If they are stored in the database, they are shared, I'm just not sure where they are stored.
  5. daverat

daverat

OK thank you Diane I will try and find them in the database - assuming I find the database :confused: