Microsoft office outlook 2007 showing configuring outlook accounts for hours

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by BAZ001, Dec 5, 2012.

1. BAZ001

BAZ001

Hello, please help.... i m trying to open my outlook mail on a computer and is displaying this error when i click on the outlook icon. ''The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. outlook must be online or connected to complete this action. But anyone else that log in to the computer can access their mail without any problem and if i log in to another computer i can access my mail. ...can you please help!!!......
  2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Re: Microsoft office outlook 2007 showing configuring outlook accounts for hou

Close Outlook. Go to Control panel, Mail. Open your profile and remove the account then add it back in - use the Auto account setup and see if outlook can find the account.
  3. BAZ001

BAZ001

Thank you for your quick assistance.

I removed and added my profile back...but still gives me the same error .
  4. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

So outlook connects to the account ok when you are adding the account but not when you open outlook? see if it works in Safe mode.

To open Outlook in Safe mode: Close Outlook then hold Ctrl as you click on the Outlook icon. You'll get a message asking if you want to start in Safe mode. Click Ok.
  5. BAZ001

BAZ001

Thank you so much, its now working......that resolved it. THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
  6. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

It works in Safe mode or it now works all the time? Safe mode is just a test to give us an idea if the problem is with a support file or addin - if it works in safe mode, the problem is often caused by an addin but could be caused by a support file - like the navigation pane. If it doesn't work in safe mode then it could be the data file or the profile.
  7. BAZ001

BAZ001

yes it works all the time, after the first start in safe mode.