Outlook contacts sync to windows phone I'm confused

Discussion in 'Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook' started by connollytm, Dec 29, 2012.

1. connollytm

connollytm

Tried to find help in this forum, but didn't. Here's the problem (briefly) Bought new cell phone -- windows based. Set up Hotmail account. Have no MS Exchange service -- just plain old e-mail.

How do I sync contacts, calendar, notes, etc., to cell phone from Outlook. I've gone over the M-soft procedure at Outlook Contacts and Calendar Sync Solution and when I get to the part where it wants me to "Select your Outlook contacts. Then click and drag or copy and paste your Outlook Contacts to the new Contacts section in your Windows Live account." there does not appear to be any way to accomplish the copying and pasting of the Outlook Contacts. I sure feel like an idiot. Can you advise. Thank you.
  2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

3. connollytm

connollytm

Hi Diane,

Thanks for the reply.

I did install the Hotmail Connector. Then I opened, closed and re-opened Outlook as M Soft procedure specified. I right-clicked my file of contacts that is shown with the hotmail account, and selected "Copy Contacts" and then when I click on the hotmail account, I received (have this experience several times), I get this message "Messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook."

I have done the restart several time and there is no change to the outcome.

Suggested next steps?

BTW -- this is a wonderful system of people helping people.

tmc
  4. connollytm

connollytm

Akruto Sync -- (Akruto Sync | Own your data) is the answer to the problem of syncing Outlook with a Nokia Lumia phone -- works like a champion!!!!!!!!!!!! $20.00 -- slick to install, configure and use.