1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Deleting Duplicate Calendar Entires

Setting up Outlook 2013 for AOL (POP3) Account

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by vze2mp9g, Apr 30, 2013.

1. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g

Hello,

I've had no problems setting up hotmail and gmail with Outlook 2013, I attempted to set up AOL using the exact instructions on their site and it didn't work, now I went to another site Configure Hotmail, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo or AOL | HowTo-Outlook and I followed their settings and I was able to download my three e-mails, but I was unable to send anything. Then I tried sending a Test message through the Account Settings, and I got errors every time it went to send a test message. Outlook 2013 has no problem logging on, but it fails every time to send a test message. For my account, I have myname@aol.com and I put my password in, and these are the settings I've tried that didn't work:

Server Information

Accouint Type: POP3

Incoming Server: imap.aol.com

Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com

Remember password

(Checked and unchecked) Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)

Incomming Server (POP3) 995

(checked and unchecked) This server requiresw an encrypted connection (SSL)

Outgoing server (SMTP): 587

Use the following type of encrypted connections: Auto

Send test e-mail message: Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 521 5.2.1 521 AOL will not accept delivery of this m

Incomming Server (POP3) 995

This server requiresw an encrypted connection (SSL)

Use the following type of encrypted connections: SSL/TLS/None

Send test e-mail message: The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

Send test e-mail message: None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server.

Send test e-mail message: Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance.

I also have My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication: ENABLED

Use same settings as my incoming mail server: ENABLED

Incoming server (POP3): 110

Use the following type of encrypted connection: NONE

Use the following type of encrypted connection: NONE

Can anyone help me with this major problem? I was able to get everything else working, so I'm not a "basket case" when it comes to computers! :)

I would really appreciate it very much.

Thank You.

David

2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

3. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g

Hurray! You saved the Day, Again! ! ! :D :D :D

How did you know about that? BTW, my IP is Verizon On Line. I don't think that they Hijack AOL, why would they? If anything, why not Google Mail, or Hotmail? It seems as though you know almost everything about Outlook, possibly more than the Tech guys at the M$ Forums.

Thank You Again!!! :cool:

4. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

If I were a bettin' man, I would have bet you used Comcast. :( Comcast recently changed smtp settings and users are experiencing problems like this.

It's not the AOL traffic they hijack, but the traffic on a specific port.

5. SailZoom2

SailZoom2

Diane seemed pretty good hope she sees this - I setup outlook 2013 on aol and I get it but can't send. Setup like they say for smtp and just same login as incoming like their doc says. It never works

6. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Any error messages? What port are you using?

7. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

As an FYI, I just tested it with an AOL account and it works here. The default settings for AOL (using auto account setup) is port 587 / TLS.

8. SailZoom2

SailZoom2

aha got it thanks!