1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: DataNumen Exchange Recovery

Outlook 2013 calendar won't sync with iphone 4s

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by eclairewl, Jun 28, 2013.

1. eclairewl

eclairewl

I have disabled iCloud on my Windows 8 computer and deleted it it on the phone but no matter what I do the Outlook calendar doesn't show up on the phone. My other Windows 8 computer uses Outlook 2010 and I have never had this problem.
  2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

What type of email account do you use you? You either need to use Outlook.com or Exchange server mailbox to sync outlook to the phone - without those options, you need to use iCloud to provide the sync process.
  3. eclairewl

eclairewl

I have finally accepted that I will have to wait for Apple to catch up. In the meantime, my contacts sync. I have printed out a calendar to keep with me which makes me remember the days before my first Palm Pilot..
  4. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

The calendar should sync (it does here). The sync between the outlook calendar and iCloud doesn't always work, but if I create appt in the iCloud calendar, it syncs to the iCloud and the other devices.

Do events created on the iphone sync down to outlook? If not, signing out of the iCloud control panel and signing back in may fix it.
  5. eclairewl

eclairewl

Diane,

The calendar syncs don't work in either direction. I shut down iCloud because it just kept duplicating more and more of the same contacts.

Also the outlook calendar pop-up (the one that can be pinned to the email page) never shows anything.

I know that Outlook is designed for business use but this is the first one that has caused me problems. I have Outlook 2010 on my other computer and wish I had it for this one as well.
  6. eclairewl

eclairewl

Diane,

I saw on another thread that it is possible to buy Outlook 2010 stand alone. Would that be the way for me to go? Amazon has it and although it is pricey I would be happy to buy it to get out of this dilemma.
  7. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Do you have a CD for your other Office/Outlook? If its not an OEM installation, I'd try installing it on this computer and see if it works - you'll have 30 days trial. If it works, you can try activating it (most of the 2010 EULAs allow it on 2 computers - portable and desktop or more in line with today's usage, main computer and portable or less frequently used computer).

When you set iCloud up on the new computer, did you already have contacts in outlook 2013? In a case like this, adding a new computer to the cloud, you want to get the contacts and calendar from iCloud, not by copying a pst from the other computer.
  8. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Oh, and this is because the peek uses the default calendar. In older versions of outlook you can set the iCloud as default but its crashing outlook 2013 when iCloud is default. (I haven't checked with the latest version 2.1.2.)