1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Outlook forms text input

Calendar Folder property is missing - Event 27

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by Commodore, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Commodore

Commodore

Since the last batch of Microsoft's updates (which included some Office 2010 updates as well), my Application log in Windows 7 is full of events with ID 27 and source Outlook, with the description saying "Calendar Folder property is missing". Any idea what could be the cause? I haven't changed any settings in the meantime. I only use POP3 and one IMAP account, no Exchange connection or anything like that.

2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Known issue - it started with the June hotfix and that hotfix was rolled into Sp2. At this time there is no fix but Microsoft is aware of it. You can ignore the error.

3. Commodore

Commodore

So it also doesn't matter whether I have Microsoft Exchange Add-In enabled or not? I saw it as a possible solution somewhere on teh internets, but I get those errors in either case (and I don't need that add-in at all, but was enabled along with a few others after the updates).

4. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Disabling that addin didn't fix it on my machine. But, if you don't use an exchange account, you don't need that addin and you can disable it if you want.

5. ScottBonacker

ScottBonacker

This Calendar Folder Property Missing error first shows up in my event logs on 7-25-2013, and that is the same date as i installed KB2760631, KB982726, and KB2687455.

Beginning with that date, I have occasionally been unable to start Outlook 2010 - it hangs on the password screen.

previously I have been able to restart the computer and finally get into Outlook, but today after repeated restarts it isn't working.

So uninstalling the updates is the only answer at this point?

No imap or exchange involved here, POP3 only. But, 18 pst files totalling 14GB.

6. ScottBonacker

ScottBonacker

7. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

As an FYI, there is no hotfix yet, no ETA on one. The last time I discussed it with the product team, they had no additional information or time line for the fix, only that they had it in the database for both the june update and SP2.

8. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Just for giggles... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2883156/ - this is Microsoft's acknowledgement of the problem. The "workaround" is to remove pst files from the profile, and is mostly useless IMHO, as you need pst files with pop3 accounts, internet calendars, connected sharepoint, and some people use them for archives.

9. Commodore

Commodore

Why would anyone want to remove PST files from the profile.... :D My "workaround" is better: Trying to ignore that until they find a solution. :cool:

10. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Exactly - ignoring is much better. You can create a filter in the even viewer to hidden those events if you're ocd.

11. Claude

Claude

I have exactly the same problem. I have 4 IMAP and 2 POP accounts. They generated 6 warnings almost evertime.....

I have notice a impact on the responsiveness of Outlook, is that normal?

Also Does Microsoft have any plan on fixing it?

Thanks,

12. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

its a bug, it should be fixed in Dec updates. it shouldn't impact responsiveness though.