1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Outlook 2013 not fixed correctly by Microsoft!!

iCloud can't setup Outlook 2010 32bit Win 7 64

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by cutupguy, Feb 24, 2014.

1. cutupguy

cutupguy

When I start iCloud control panel, then check the top box for calendars, etc. iCloud runs through its routine, showing calendar items being downloaded, etc. But then I get this error;

Your setup couldn't be started because of an unexpected error.

Error: 0x80040604: Up/POST:Conflicts

Error: 0x80040604: Up/HdlPOSTr[p17-caldav.icloud.com/412/0#1/52]

I have uninstalled iCloud

Uninstalled Outlook

Repaired the .pst

I found a post in the Apple forum saying something like, This error is being investigated by Apple and the post will be updated when an answer is available." That was 3 years ago, no answer.

I had iCloud syncing just fine for 6 months, then it quit.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

It sounds like it could be a problem with one of the events. Try this: Move the appointments to a pst and verify everything is deleted from the iCloud then copy the appointments back to the iCloud folder.

Or, backup everything in the calendar in outlook (the one in your pst), then delete everything from it - the appointments should sync down from iCloud. Recover any missing appointments from the backup. Basically, you want 1 folder empty for the initial sync.

3. cutupguy

cutupguy

Thanks, Diane.

I didn't have many events so I deleted all of them from the OL calendar. Closed OL and launched iCloud, selected the top box and Apply... and got the same apparent syncing, but with the same error.

Tried signing out of iCloud, then signing in and it acted as above.

Then I deleted all contacts. no help.

Deleted all shopping reminders and tasks - and iCloud completed setup without the error. But I am now back to where I was before getting the error:

When iCloud runs setup it creates iCloud calendar in OL with a test event created on the iPhone5...but then it never syncs again.

4. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Is the iCloud addin enabled in File, Options, Trust Center, Addins? Does it stop after the first sync or after you restart Outlook?

5. cutupguy

cutupguy

I find the iCloud addin check mark won't stick on. I go File-Options-Addins-Go and check the iCloud Outlook Add-in-OK

Immediately go back in and it is unchecked. I need some super glue!

6. cutupguy

cutupguy

I notice it says, "Load Behavior: Unloaded" at the bottom of the Com Add-Ins window when the iCloud Outlook Add-in is highlighted...for whatever that is worth. :)

7. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Sign out of the iCloud then sign back in. It usually fixes this problem.

8. cutupguy

cutupguy

Diane, thank you so much for all your help. Signing in and out of iCloud, unchecking and checking iCloud boxes just didn't shake anything loose. But I enabled a couple of the disabled-by-Microsoft Apple add-in .dll files and when I restarted Outlook, I got errors saying I had to reinstall iCloud. And doing that finally made iCloud sync as it should.

So I THINK what happened is I had a corrupted contact, which caused iCloud to error on its setup of Outlook which caused a secondary problem with the .dll files that were disabled. Does that make sense?

Anyway, do you have any suggestions on how to prevent a mess like this in the future? I have wasted about 30 hours trying to get my calendar to sync. I sure don't want that to happen again. :)

9. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Yeah, it makes some sense - Outlook will disable addins that it deems not playing nice and the corruption probably made the addin not play nice.

10. cutupguy

cutupguy

Other than running scanpst is there any way to avoid corruption?

11. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

I'm not so sure the corruption was in the pst file, but rather in the iCloud file. When you signed out, it deleted the local cache od iCloud data and rebuilt it.

12. cutupguy

cutupguy

I really appreciate your help with this problem, Diane. Have a great day!

A